Pardon & Fils Since 1820

The Pardon & Fils signature…

The Pardon family have owned vineyards in the Beaujolais wine-growing region since 1820. The demarcation of the fine Crus into appellations (AOCs) only started in 1936.
Our cellar is in the locality known as “La Chevalière” in Beaujeu in the département of Rhône (69), about 55 km north of Lyon. Beaujeu is the historical capital of the Beaujolais wine-growing region.

We also have two wineries, one in RÉGNIÉ DURETTE and the second in FLEURIE, further north in the area of the Crus.

So as to be able to offer a comprehensive range, in addition to the wines from our own estates, we work in partnership with other wine-growers located on the terroirs that are most representative of the region. The same goes for the wines from the Mâcon wine-growing region like the Domaine des Tournons and the Château de Chasselas. As for the small number of Burgundy wines on our list, we select these very carefully; most of them are bottled in Beaune.

The History of Pardon & Fils…

The passion for wine and the vine have been associated with the Pardon family since 1820, when Antoine Joseph Pardon, a wine-grower at l’Ermitage in the commune of Régnié Durette, was already producing and selling his wines in France and throughout Europe (particularly in Austria).
At the beginning of last century, in the 1900s, Louis increased sales to restaurants, hotels, and brasseries in Paris (mainly) and also in other French cities.

After the First World War, in order to meet his customers’ growing demands for quality wines from Burgundy and Côtes du Rhône, Louis obtained a licence as a Wine-producer / Merchant, then selected and added a number of wines to his range. This led to substantial expansion for Pardon & Fils in this period.

Moreover, in the late ’20s, his two sons, Antoine and Louis, came to help him. In 1938 he bought up an estate with wine-making facilities and vineyards in Fleurie. Upon his death, his son Antoine took over, his brother leaving the family business for other horizons.

In the early ’60s, Antoine’s youngest son Jean-Jacques came to join him and expanded sales of bottled wine; previously, the whole output had been sold in full, half, and quarter barrels.
Then in 1991 Jean-Jacques’s eldest son Jean-Marc joined the family business, to handle mainly the sales side. In 1993 it was the turn of his brother Eric, a graduate wine expert, to take charge of the technical side.

PARDON & FILS press reviews…

  • Gilbert & Gaillard guide:

    • FLEURIE - « Domaine Pardon »2003 - 2007 - 2009
    • FLEURIE - « Domaine Pardon »Score 87/100
  • Hachette Wine Guide:

    • REGNIE - « Domaine Pardon »2007
    • BEAUJOLAIS-VILLAGES - « Louis Pardon »2007 - 2009
    • FLEURIE - « Domaine Pardon »2004 - 2005 - 2007 - 2009
    • MOULIN A VENT - « Domaine Pardon »2003
  • Revue du Vins de France:

    • REGNIE - « Domaine Pardon »2004
  • Gerbelle & Maurange: Revue des vins de France“The guide to the best inexpensive wines”

    • BEAUJOLAIS-VILLAGES - « Domaine Pardon »2003 - 2004 - 2007 - 2009 - 2012
    • FLEURIE - « Domaine Pardon »2003 - 2007 - 2012
    • RÉGNIÉ - « Domaine Pardon »2012
  • Le Petit Futé: “The 1001 best wines of France 2005–2006”

    • REGNIE - « Domaine Pardon »2003
  • Dussert Gerber Wine Guide

    • FLEURIE - « Domaine Pardon » - one of the First Great Classified Wines2007-2008
  • Gault & Millau

    • FLEURIE - « Domaine Pardon »2012
  • Magazine: Bourgogne Aujourd’Hui [Burgundy Today]

    • FLEURIE - « Domaine Pardon »2012
    • FLEURIE “Cuvée Hugo” - « Domaine Pardon »2012
    • JULIENAS - « Domaine Pardon »2012
    • MOULIN A VENT - « Domaine Pardon »2012
  • Magazine: Beaujolais Aujourd’Hui [Beaujolais Today]

    • FLEURIE - « Domaine Pardon »2012
    • FLEURIE “Cuvée Hugo” - « Domaine Pardon »2012
    • JULIENAS - « Domaine Pardon »2012
    • MOULIN A VENT - « Domaine Pardon »2012
  • Magazine: Cuisine et vins de France

    • FLEURIE “Cuvée Hugo” - « Domaine Pardon »2012

Follow us on Facebook Join us

Pardon & Fils La Chevalière
69430 Beaujeu
FRANCE
Tél : 04.74.04.86.97 Fax : 04.74.69.24.08

Opening hours: Monday to Friday
8h00 - 12h00 / 13h30 - 18h00 Saturday by appointment 9h00 - 12h00

Pardon & Fils Since 1820